*UK Mainland only.. For Scottish Highlands and Islands (postcodes AB31-38, AB40-56, PA20-88, PH4-50, IV, KW, PO30-38, ZE, KA27&28, HS) and all addresses in the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Jersey, Guernsey, Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland: £19.50 per case.
Offers apply to UK Mainland deliveries only.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- date of birth (explicitly to comply with the legislation for the purchase of alcohol)
- contact information, including email address, postal address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we Do with it
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To enable the process of a transaction.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern the sale and purchase of products through our website.
- 1.2 You will be asked to give your express agreement to these terms and conditions before you place an order on our website.
- 1.3 This document does not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer (such as rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or the Consumer Rights Act 2015).
- 2.1 In these terms and conditions:
- (a) “we” means Untapped Brew Co; and
- (b) “you” means our customer or prospective customer, and “us”, “our” and “your” should be construed accordingly.
- 3.1 The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat” rather than a contractual offer.
- 3.2 No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure set out in this Section 3
- 3.3 To enter into a contract through our website to purchase products from us, the following steps must be taken: you must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then proceed to the checkout; if you are a new customer, you must then create an account with us and log in; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details; once you are logged in, you must select your preferred method of delivery and confirm your order and your consent to the terms of this document; you will be transferred to our payment service provider’s website, and our payment service provider will handle your payment; we will then send you an initial acknowledgement; and once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract) or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order.
- 3.4 You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your order by viewing the cart or checkout page.
- 4.1 The following types of products are or may be available on our website from time to time:.
- 4.2 We may periodically change the products available on our website, and we do not undertake to continue to supply any particular product or type of product.
- 5.1 Our prices are quoted on our website.
- 5.2 We will from time to time change the prices quoted on our website, but this will not affect contracts that have previously come into force.
- 5.3 All amounts stated in these terms and conditions or on our website are stated inclusive of VAT.
- 5.4 It is possible that prices on the website may be incorrectly quoted; accordingly, we will verify prices as part of our sale procedures so that the correct price will be notified to you before the contract comes into force.
- 5.5 In addition to the price of the products, you will have to pay a delivery charge, which will be notified to you before the contract of sale comes into force.
- 6.1 You must, during the checkout process, pay the prices of the products you order.
- 6.2 Payments may be made by any of the permitted methods specified on our website from time to time.
- 6.3 If you fail to pay to us any amount due under these terms and conditions in accordance with the provisions of these terms and conditions, then we may withhold the products ordered and/or by written notice to you at any time cancel the contract of sale for the products.
- 6.4 If you make an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of our written request:
- (a) an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- (b) all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (including charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer);
- (c) an administration fee of GBP 25.00 including VAT; and
- (d) all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this Section 6.4 (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees),
and for the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back for the purposes of this Section 6.4.
- 7.1 Our policies and procedures relating to the delivery of products are set out in our delivery policy document.
- 7.2 We will arrange for the products you purchase to be delivered to the delivery address you specify during the checkout process.
- 7.3 We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver your products on or before the date for delivery set out in the order confirmation or, if no date is set out in the order confirmation, within 7 days following the date of the order confirmation; however, we do not guarantee delivery by this date.
- 7.4 We do guarantee that unless there are exceptional circumstances all deliveries of products will be dispatched within 30 days following the later of receipt of payment and the date of the order confirmation.
- 7.5 We will only deliver products to addresses on the UK mainland.
Distance contracts: cancellation right
- 8.1 This Section 8 applies if and only if you offer to contract with us, or contract with us, as a consumer – that is, as an individual acting wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- 8.2 You may withdraw an offer to enter into a contract with us through our website or cancel a contract entered into with us through our website (without giving any reason for your withdrawal or cancellation) at any time within the period:
- (a) beginning upon the submission of your offer; and
- (b) ending at the end of 14 days after the day on which the products come into your physical possession or the physical possession of a person identified by you to take possession of them (or, if the contract is for delivery of multiple products, lots or pieces of something, 14 days after the day on which the last of those products, lots or pieces comes into your physical possession or the physical possession of a period identified by you to take possession of them).
- 8.3 In order to withdraw an offer to contract or cancel a contract on the basis described in this Section 8, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw or cancel (as the case may be). You may inform us by means of any clear statement setting out the decision. In the case of cancellation, you may inform us using the cancellation form that we will make available to you. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- 8.4 If you cancel a contract on the basis described in this Section 8, you must send the products back to us (to [return address]) or hand them over to us or a person authorised by us to receive them. You must comply with your obligations referred to in this Section 8 without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract. You must pay the direct cost of returning the products.
- 8.5 If you cancel an order in accordance with this Section 8, you will receive a full refund of the amount you paid to us in respect of the order including the costs of delivery to you, except:
- (a) if you chose a kind of delivery costing more than the least expensive kind of delivery that we offer, we reserve the right to retain the difference in cost between the kind of delivery you chose and the least expensive kind of delivery that we offer; and
- (b) as otherwise provided in this Section 8.
- 8.6 If the value of the products returned by you is diminished by any amount as a result of the handling of those products by you beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products, we may recover that amount from you up to the contract price. We may recover that amount by deducting it from any refund due to you or require you to pay that amount direct to us. Handling which goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop will be “beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products” for these purposes.
- 8.7 We will refund money using the same method used to make the payment, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any case, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
- 8.8 Unless we have offered to collect the products, we will process a refund due to you as a result of a cancellation on the basis described in this Section 8 within the period of 14 days after the day on which we receive the returned products or (if earlier) after the day on which you supply to us evidence of having sent the products back. If we have not sent the products to you at the time of withdrawal or cancellation or have offered to collect the products, we will process a refund due to you without undue delay and, in any case, within the period of 14 days after the day on which we are informed of the withdrawal or cancellation.
- 8.9 You will not have any right to cancel a contract as described in this Section 8 insofar as the contract relates to:
- (a) [the supply of any sealed audio recordings, sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which have been unsealed by you];
- (b) [the supply of products the price of which is dependent upon fluctuations in financial markets which we cannot control and which may occur during the cancellation period];
- (c) [the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications];
- (d) [the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly];
- (e) [the supply of non-prefabricated goods that are made on the basis of an individual choice of or decision by you, or goods that are clearly personalised];
- (f) [the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, where such goods have been unsealed by you]; or
- (g) [the supply of goods which are, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items after delivery].
Warranties and representations
- 9.1 You warrant and represent to us that:
- (a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- (b) you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms and conditions;
- (c) all the information that you provide to us in connection with your order is true, accurate, complete and non-misleading; and
- (d) you will be able to take delivery of the products in accordance with these terms and conditions and our delivery policy.
- 9.2 We warrant to you that:
- (a) we have the right to sell the products that you buy;
- (b) the products we sell to you are sold free from any charge or encumbrance, except as specified in these terms and conditions;
- (c) you shall enjoy quiet possession of the products you buy, except as specified in these terms and conditions;
- (d) the products you buy will correspond to any description published on our website; and
- (e) the products you buy will be of satisfactory quality.
- 9.3 All of our warranties and representations relating to the supply of products are set out in these terms and conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 10.1, all other warranties and representations are expressly excluded.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- 10.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- (a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- (b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- (d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law, and, if you are a consumer, your statutory rights will not be excluded or limited by these terms and conditions, except to the extent permitted by law.
- 10.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 10 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- (a) are subject to Section 10.1; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- 10.3 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- 10.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- 10.5 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- 11.1 We may cancel a contract under these terms and conditions immediately, by giving you written notice of termination, if:
- (a) you fail to pay, on time and in full, any amount due to us under that contract; or
- (b) you commit any material breach of that contract.
- 11.2 You may cancel a contract under these terms and conditions immediately, by giving us written notice of termination, if we commit any[ material] breach of that contract.
- 11.3 We may cancel a contract under these terms and conditions by written notice to you if we are prevented from fulfilling that contract by any event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any unavailability of raw materials, components or products, or any power failure, industrial dispute affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fire, flood, disaster, riot, terrorist attack or war.
Consequences of order cancellation
- 12.1 If a contract under these terms and conditions is cancelled in accordance with Section 11:
- (a) we will cease to have any obligation to deliver products which are undelivered at the date of cancellation;
- (b) you will continue to have an obligation where applicable to pay for products which have been delivered at the date of cancellation (without prejudice to any right we may have to recover the products); and
- (c) all the other provisions of these terms and conditions will cease to have effect, except that Sections 1.3, 6.4, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 will survive termination and continue in effect indefinitely.
- 13.1 These terms and conditions shall not constitute or effect any assignment or licence of any intellectual property rights.
- 13.2 These terms and conditions shall not govern the licensing of works (including software and literary works) comprised or stored in products.
- 13.3 These terms and conditions shall not govern the provision of any services by us or any third party in relation to the products (other than delivery services).
- 14.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 14.2 A revision of these terms and conditions will apply to contracts entered into at any time following the time of the revision, but will not affect contracts made before the time of the revision.
- 15.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions – providing, if you are a consumer, that such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms and conditions.
- 15.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- 16.1 No breach of any provision of a contract under these terms and conditions will be waived except with the express written consent of the party not in breach.
- 16.2 No waiver of any breach of any provision of a contract under these terms and conditions shall be construed as a further or continuing waiver of any other breach of that provision or any breach of any other provision of that contract.
- 17.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- 17.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
- 18.1 A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- 18.2 The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- 19.1 Subject to Section 10.1, these terms and conditions, together with our delivery policy and our returns policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the sale and purchase of our products and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to the sale and purchase of our products.
Law and jurisdiction
- 20.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- 20.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- 21.1 We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- 21.2 These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
- 21.3 Our VAT number is [number].
- 21.4 The website of the European Union’s online dispute resolution platform is available at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main.
- 22.1 This website is owned and operated by Untapped Brewing.
- 22.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08440856, and our registered office is at Unit 6 Little Castle Business Park Raglan Monmouthshire NP15 2BX . Our VAT No is: 163793480 and our AWRS No is: XRAW00000101184
- 22.3 Our principal place of business is at Unit 6 Little Castle Business Park Raglan Monmouthshire NP15 2BX
- 22.4 You can contact us:
- (a) by post, using the postal address given above;
- (b) using our website contact form;
- (c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- (d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
Here at the Untapped Brewing Company, we make a wide range of great, award winning real ales to suit every taste. From the light and hoppy to the rich and intense, every beer lover will find something here to send them home happy!
On this site, you can learn more about the beers we make, how we make them and the people behind them. Most importantly, you can get cases delivered direct to your home, get a cask ordered for that big party and find out where you can find us on tap.
We can provide our beers in 500 ml bottle, 9 pint minikeg, 36 pint pin or 72 pint firkin for both trade and public sales. All our beers are bottle and cask conditioned. Just follow the links to find descriptions of all our fabulous range and to order online. If you’d prefer to talk to a human, just call the brewery on 01291 690074, or come to the brewery shop which is open 6 days a week.
Party Planning / Party Beers
Got a party or event coming up? We can help!
We offer a full party planning service or if you just need us to keep the drinks flowing throughout the event we can do that too! We can provide:
- Racks & Taps
- Delivery & Setup
GET IN TOUCH
We love hearing your feedback and suggestions, so if you wish to contact us simply fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible, or give us a call!
FIND US HERE:
TradING WITH UNTAPPED
All our core beers are available in 72 pint cask year round. Premium beers are not always available, since they are only brewed intermittently. All the core range can be provided in 36 pint pins on request with a few days’ notice. The entire range is available in 500 ml bottles and in 9 pint mini keg if required. We can provide full tasting notes if needed, as well as eye catching POS. Please contact us for price list and current availability.
We can courier casks and cases all over the country within 48 hours. Credit facilities are available for regular customers.
We provide free local delivery on a minimum order of 1 cask or 5 cases within a 40 mile radius of Raglan. Credit facilities are available for regular customers. Delivery is usually within 1 – 2 days of ordering, but we can get out to you on the same day if desperate! The brewery is also open to direct trade sales Monday – Saturday. Samples can be provided to get to know the range, as are ‘Meet the Brewer’ events.
There is a 2 cask minimum for national delivery. You must be registered with KEGSTAR to use this facility.
The cost is our normal trade price for whichever brand / brands you choose plus packing and delivery costs. The price of delivery depends on postcode. Please contact us for price list and full delivery costs. Listed is a guide to likely delivery costs (ex VAT) excluding Scottish Highlands, Islands and Ireland, which can be provided. Please use this as a guide only, a full quote is available on request.
Trade Price x2 + Delivery (£40 – £78 / London £50 – £57)
Trade Price x4 + Delivery (£42 – £80 / London £54 – £60)
Trade Price x6 + Delivery (£46 – £81 / London £58 – £64)
The costs are based on the same system as the cask cost prices, with the relevant delivery cost added to our normal trade price. Listed is a guide to likely delivery costs (ex VAT) excluding Scottish Highlands, Islands and Ireland, which can be provided. Please use this as a guide only, a full quote is available on request.
Trade Price + Delivery (£9 – £12 / London £13 – £18)
Trade Price + Delivery (£28 – £35 / London £32 – £36)
Trade Price + Delivery (£38 – £76 / London £50 – £55)
Of course, if you want to buy direct from the brewery, you’re welcome to drop in and visit our shop. We’re open from 10 – 5 Monday to Friday, and 10 – 3 on Saturdays. We always have brewery door offers on 6 and 12 bottle cases, as well as on multibuys of the 9 pint minikegsand gift boxes. We also have a selection of fine Welsh ciders for the non-beer lover (What?).
If you have a party in mind, we’ll happily help you sort out how much you need in cask or bottle, organise delivery with racks and taps for the casks if you need it, and provide expert advice (and tasters!) so you can make sure you’ve got your favourite beer!
We can also set up brewery tours by appointment – from a 15 minute quick gander to the full blown guided tour with tasting and your own cask to drink. Just pop into the shop or call 01291 690074 for details.
News & Events
Catch up on the latest news and events from Untapped Brewery.
Owen and Martyn at @gwbcf at the Depot in Cardiff. Caught up with brewing friends and also walked away with …
Will and me in very early doors to take on a max brew of our 6.5% IPA. Well over 200 …
REAL ALE. TRUE QUALITY.
We started as a 2 man outfit in 2009 as a ‘cuckoo’ brewery, borrowing someone else’s kit to make our beers and selling across South Wales and the Marches to anyone we could convert. By 2013, we’d raised enough cash to move to our own brewery in Raglan, Monmouthshire, which we’ve called home ever since!
We have a simple philosophy. Get the best ingredients, treat them with the greatest respect and make beers that are bursting with flavour.
We don’t use any finings or additives, just brew with barley, hops, yeast and fine Welsh water (with a little wheat, here and there). Then, ferment, condition, filter the finished beer clear and bottle and cask condition it. We have a core range of 5 beers, with another 5 seasonal and premium styles. All our beers are vegetarian, all but one (Triple S stout) are vegan, and 2 are rated organic by the Soil Association. You can find all the details you could possibly need on our Beers page.
Owen and Martyn at @gwbcf at the Depot in Cardiff. Caught up with brewing friends and also walked away with gold medals for Ember and Crystal and a silver medal for Triple S. Result!